The SC-CCRRN is committed to increasing the quality of early childhood programs — whether in a center-based or family-based setting — by providing a variety of types of on-site technical assistance depending on the identified goal of the program.
Type I – Issue Focused Technical Assistance
This type of assistance is delivered for the purpose of providing information and support to address an identified area of interest or concern.
- Regulatory Requirements (Opening a child care facility)
- Program Administration (Employee/Student File Organization to meet DSS requirements)
- Policies and Implementation of Back to Sleep
- Child Abuse & Neglect
- Development of Staff Training Plan and Career Planning
- Nutrition & Physical Activity Policies
- Licensing Deficiency (Supervision, Adult/Child Ratio, Staff Schedules, Health & Safety)
- Resolve Corrective Actions
Type II – Guide Technical Assistance
The focus of this type of assistance is a formal assessment used as a tool to target specific key areas to improve the overall program quality and/or to improve assessment scores focused on a particular aspect.
- ABC Program Standards (achieve, maintain or increase ABC Level)
- Environment Rating Scale to improve a Specific Subscales (ITERS, ECERS, FCCERS, SACERS)
- Grow Healthy Standards
- Early Learning Standards
Type III – Reflective Collaboration
This type of assistance helps early childhood programs identify overall goals and is a formal assessment for the purpose of ensuring sustainable long-term program quality.
- Inclusion – Materials & Equipment Adaptations
- National Accreditation (NAEYC, NAFCC, NCCA)
- Curriculum/Approach Implementation (Reggio, High/Scope, Creative Curriculum)
- Funding dependent on Quality of Program (Head Start, community initiative)