You have many choices to make as you join the field of early care and education. They are personal choices, value choices and career choices. The following are a few questions to think about as you plan your career in early childhood education:
- What type of degree and/or credential do you need?
- What role do you want to play?
- What type of early childhood program do you want to work in?
- What is your own philosophy about children?
- Why do you want to enter the field?
The South Carolina Center for Child Care Career Development developed an Early Care and Education Career Path to support early childhood educators' professional development. The following is the South Carolina Career Path:
- PH.D or Ed.D Early Childhood Degree
- Education Specialist Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Bachelor Degree
- Associate Degree
- Early Childhood Certificate
- Level 1, 2, 3 Credentials
- South Carolina Early Childhood Credential (ECD 101)
- High School Diploma/GED
Visit the South Carolina Center for Child Care Career Development to learn more about career path opportunities or contact the SC-CCRRN for a career planning consultation.