There are a variety of forms needed to create an effective early childhood business, including forms to document business transactions and participation in local, state, and federal programs. Forms do create extensive paperwork; however, without this documentation your business could be in jeopardy of closing. So don’t make the mistake that so many business owners make each year by neglecting good documentation practices; instead, use forms for every aspect of your business.
The most important forms that must be completed are the Child Care Licensing Forms. Contact the SC-CCRRN to receive on-site technical assistance in the management and filing system of required forms to maintain the quality of your program. You can reach SC-CCRRN by phone at 1-888-335-1002 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common Operations Forms
The following is a list of common early childhood forms for daily operations. For assistance in the development of forms for your program, contact the SC-CCRRN at 1-888-335-1002 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Child Behavior – Behavior Guidance, Behavior Plan, Biting Log
* Child Reports – Weekly Child Report, Infant Daily Report, New Child Observation
* Classroom – Tracking Sheet, Daily Attendance, Parent Sign In/Out, Lesson Plan, Daily Schedule
* Cleaning & Inspection – Opening/Closing Checklist, Cleaning Checklist, Health & Safety Checklist
* Emergency Information – Emergency Drill Log, Emergency Authorization, Child Emergency
* Personnel – Offer of Employment, Orientation Checklist, Staff Licensing Checklist, Staff Emergency, Background Study
* Enrollment – Pickup Authorization, Registration Orientation, Enrollment Agreement, Termination Notice
* Field Trip – Field Trip Permission Form, Field Trip Form Class, Specific Field Trip, Parent Volunteer List
* Financial – Mileage Reimbursement, Late Pickup Fee Due, Past Due Payment Plan, Tuition Reminder, Budget Spreadsheet
* Nutrition – Daily Food Temp Log, Food Allergies, Meal Form, Weekly Menu
* Health & Medicine – Disease Notification, Medical Authorization, Injury Report Form, Medication Consent, Illness Report
* Marketing – Marketing Plan, Parent Marketing Plan
* Parent Involvement – Parent Volunteer Check In/Out Form, Parent Exit Evaluation, Parent Talent Survey, Parent's Evaluation
* Program Planning – Long-Range Staff Plan, Directors Long-Range Plan, Sample School Age Curriculum, Daily Planning Form, Weekly Planning Form
* Pre-Enrollment – Parents First Visit, Waiting List Confirmation, Waiting List
* Privacy Permission – Name Release, Consent to Transfer Records, Privacy Permission, Photo Permission