Employer sponsored childcare facilities provide an on-site or off-site child care program sponsored by the employer for the use of the employees. The center can be operated by the employer or by an outside for-profit or nonprofit organization. Parent fees cover a portion of the operating costs but the employer pays the start-up costs, ongoing operational costs and any operating losses that may occur during early stages of opening the program.
The SC-CCRRN can assist employers in sorting through which child care option is feasible for their company, as well as:
- Providing statistical data on the current supply and demand of child care in a given area.
- Providing information on average child care costs.
- Providing education on components of a quality child care program.
- Providing employee resource and referral for child care.
- Sharing information on specific state requirements for child care programs.